The last time the kids were here my granddaughter asked if I would make her a zebra pattern blanket. I told her I would have to find a pattern as I didn't have anything like that.
After some on line searching I found something I thought would work. When I asked what colors to make it in I was informed she wanted "black and teal, both of them sparkly". It wasn't too hard to find the sparkly black yarn but I couldn't find a sparkly teal that I liked. I found a brand and line of sparkly yarn but there was no teal in any of the stores. I did find it available on line and went ahead and ordered it through WalMart.com. It was most inexpensive through them and I didn't pay for shipping since I had it sent to the store.
The original pattern was for a baby blanket but I added about 100 extra stitches to make it a bigger size. I'm not sure how zebra-ish it looks. It's almost more tiger-ish but it still turned out better than I thought it would.
I made the border using a sparkly hot pink. As usual it looks better in person than in the photos.
Ollie likes my yarn box.
On to the next project!