Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Eggs, Eggs, Eggs!

With the (slightly) warmer and longer days the chickens have started laying eggs like crazy.

I'm getting about 9 to 13 eggs a day. All the breeds are laying now, even the little Sultans (they are laying the smaller white eggs shown). 

So, when I got all these hens just what was I thinking? 

A coworker is buying a lot of my eggs, but he's on vacation this week. I'm looking forward to when he returns so I can offload my egg glut.

Meanwhile there's omelets, quiche, crepes, hardboiled, fried eggs, pancakes, deviled, egg salad, breakfast burritos, poached, eggs benedict...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were just watching the news, telling us how bad 'fake' maple syrup is because of the brown dye, which immediately got us talking about breakfast!! Yum how we love all those yummy egg dishes!! But I do hope you can sell some soon! You could boil and decorate and see if you can sell Easter eggs!!
Patti