Friday, August 28, 2015

Back In The Saddle

While visiting the kids down south last week Carli managed to borrow a friend's horse. She rode the friend's horse and I rode Taz. We went out to the Panorama Vista Preserve. It's been about 5 years since I've ridden out there and there are some big changes. Several hundred trees have been planted and the trails are all marked with sign posts. There are several benches here and there for the weary pedestrian visitors. In a few more years when the trees get bigger it will be really wonderful.

Carli snapped this picture of me.

As we continued down the trail we came across this King snake sunning himself in the road. He took off when he saw us coming closer. Remember, King snakes are good. They eat bad rattlesnakes!

I enlarged the photo for a bit of a better look.

We were probably in the saddle about an hour and a half. When I got back to the stable I almost fell down when I dismounted. Remember I haven't ridden in at least two years! 

Surprisingly I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be in the following days.

But it was totally worth it.  

No comments: